View Single Post
Old
09-20-2013, 04:32 PM
Estimated_Prophet

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandysan View Post
why does everything have to be positive ( who would you get?). How about not extending guys we dont need and then defending them by saying that they can do things they cant ?

and I'm not naive to think we can get a guy to clear the crease for nothing, and I like the addition of murray for this but his lack of foot speed is a liability. Derek engeland in pittsburgh has a chap contract that ends next year ( I think). Matt carkner signed a deal last year as a ufa for cheap. there are lots of guys who have zero offensive talent, play reasonable minutes and play physical in front of the net that wont break the bank to get them. I'm not looking for Scott Stevens mean, but something more than scott gomez mean.
I would take Murray over Engelland and Carkner easily. He is a much smarter dman and all three of these players are slow.

There is little benefit in having dmen who fight a lot as it really screws things up when a defenceman is in the box for extended periods. Murray is nasty in front of the net and is a better hockey player than either of these goons.

Estimated_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote