View Single Post
09-20-2013, 04:37 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Zathronas View Post
Are you serious? you're griping about a 2 year 4 millions per deal for Brière and don't mind a Clarkson 7 years/5.25 millions per to a player that never gave more than 48 points in a season. Because hey! if he can give us 3 good years out of 7 it will be worth it!

Talk about the grass being greener at your neighbours house.
If we're going to overpay for someone I'd rather overpay for the player who addresses a need then overpay someone who doesn't.

Originally Posted by Zathronas View Post
If we can prove to stay at the top where we were in a 48 game season, sure you're absolutely right to go for it. Right now, we HAVE veteran presence and we just finished 1 full season at the bottom of the standing and 1 half-season near the top. That's hardly a perennial contender.

I blame the fan's impatience to short attention span's and the internet for instant gratification!

Signed Old Man Zathronas
If Bergevin is unconviced that we are a good team then we should've kept the cap space free and waited for a better opportunity. If half way through next season he realizes we actually are a good team we won't have the space to acquire players to address our needs and so we've wasted a couple of years.

Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
Alzner and Holtby are only 24, Carlson 23. A little early to be writing them off.
They are good players no doubt, the point I was making was that Washington had a excellent window to go for it but decided to wait for them to develop in order to fill the needs. Now that they have developed they don't have as good a window anymore.

Sorinth is offline   Reply With Quote