View Single Post
Old
09-20-2013, 04:59 PM
Estimated_Prophet

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandysan View Post
its not only about fights, but both carkner and engelland are better pugilistically and although neither are speed demons, they are not as slow as Murray. They also can clear the crease, and I think that carkner is about murrays age, engelland is younger if I remember right ( just checked murray 33, carkner 32, and engelland 31). I'm not even sure that murray will be here next year, if we had signed carkner for the same deal the isles did, we even with all of his liabilities we wouldnt be asking " whos going to clear the front of the net" for the next three years ?
Engelland and Carkner are terrible dmen. Both players are strictly goons and Engelland was a healthy scratch for more than half of Pittsburgh's playoff games. Care to take a guess which dman pushed Engelland off of the roster?

Murray is a smart dman much in the same way that Gill was for us. The most important asset for an NHL defenceman is his hockey sense and decision making. There is no comparison between 7th defenceman types like Engelland and Carkner with defensive stalwarts like Murray who has the body of work to back it up.

It would be even more foolish to commit 3 years to garbage like these two players. Murray is on a one year deal as is Bouillon and MB appears to have set the table to make room for prospects and/or acquire a defender that isn't a stop gap solution.

Estimated_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote