View Single Post
09-21-2013, 08:45 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Hate to tell you, but he's a poor reader if he's apparently so "avid", yet hasn't come across the 10th leading scorer all-time, the longest serving captain in history, and the first European captain in club history... the one who came back from cancer once, and again after almost losing an eye, to pass names like Lach, Naslund, Moore, Provost, Lapointe, Mahovlich, and Blake on the Habs' all-time scorers list - all passed after the 2006 Carolina series.
Man crush much?

Some people have an issue facing reality, and will spin and spin and spin until they line things up the way they see fit.

Truth of the matter is the standards were set a long time ago, to loosen them now would be sacrilege in the eyes of many(myself included). I for one, am against it. Place him in the ring of honor, erect a statue to commemorate the most deserving Masterton trophy winner ever. Do not, however, tell me that he stands on his body of work, cancer aside, with this storied team's greats.

He was arguably the best player on really bad teams, does this warrant a number being retired? Where's all the hardware that the others have won? If you are from a generation where medals were awarded for participation perhaps he merits consideration. I for one don't think so.

AntonCH is offline   Reply With Quote