View Single Post
09-21-2013, 08:14 AM
Crimson Skorpion
vCash: 50
I'll give my thoughts.

Budaj/Tokarski : Both looked very solid in front of goal. I'm really liking the Tokarski pick-up. Once Budaj ships out for greener pastures, should Bergevin not bring him back, Tokarski could see back-up duties.

Defense: What a hell of a game for Pateryn. Are you kidding me? Pre-season, I know, but if there is a time to shine if you're a player looking to crack the line-up, now is that time... and boy, did Pateryn ever get noticed. I like Nygren and Dietz but they'll need some time in Hamilton. 1-2 years from now, they could very well be in the Habs line-up full time. Both look great. Gorges will continue to get better, I think, and put that bad season behind him. Subban was... well, Subban. Tinordi... I can not WAIT until this kid is playing with the Habs full time. Holy hell. Tinordi, Emelin, Murray all in the line-up at the same time? Yikes.

Offense: I like Thomas, I really do. Effort is there but nothing else seems to be. He needs more time to season his game. He has the overall skill and effort but there is a lot missing to his game. McCarron is another tough cookie that is going to make this team a whole lot better once he is ready. He demonstrates good skill and uses his size very well to protect the puck and go to the front of the net. All that is missing is discipline and playing without the puck. He's shown that he is still green so some time in London will definitely help. Definitely loved that shot where he dropped to one knee before blasting it -- hit the post too, if I remember correctly. Collberg comes off, to me anyway, as a very good, complimentary player. I hope he continues to progress and make his way to North America soon. He looks so good on the smaller surface. Tarnasky can go. I like his willingness to drop the gloves but he can't really fight or do much else for that matter. Dumont is a peg down, for me. I saw little effort on his part. Hope that trend does not continue down in Hamilton. Bournival is a surprise for me. I didn't expect him to be this good. Holland as well. If they both can continue to look good in Hamilton, I'm pretty sure Bergevin will reward them nicely. I just hope that will be the case for one Louis Leblanc as well.

And Desharnais... pas mal, hein? He looked good last night. Admit it.

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote