View Single Post
Old
09-21-2013, 10:02 AM
Charon

vCash: 500
After watching the game, a few notes on particular players.

DD played a very good game - the game I expect him to play. I hope he keeps it up into the season.

Pateryn looks pretty good. He needs to keep his focus up a bit to prevent turnovers in his own end, but he's more or less solid in his own end and he's getting close to ready for the NHL.

Thomas doesn't seem too special. He has some skill, but he's not fast enough to be dangerous out there and it seems he doesn't know how to use his linemates. I'm not a fan at this point. He just doesn't make anything happen.

Bournival was great. The question for me is whether he can be a consistent threat offensively at the NHL level. I can see him as a regular third liner in the future, maybe near future.

Nygren can pass the puck. But I would be careful about praising him if a guy doesn't like Diaz. They're similar players.

Collberg was ok. I personally don't understand the huge praise for Collberg based on his performance so far this preseason. Yes, he's an exciting prospect, but he hasn't shown me much this preseason. He's flashy, and I think he'll be good in the future, but right now he's making maybe just a bit more of an impact on the game than Thomas, who is unimpressive himself.

Charon is offline   Reply With Quote