View Single Post
Old
09-21-2013, 10:31 AM
Lafleurs Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I have nothing but love for Koivu, and am still hoping that we sign him to a one year deal so he can retire as a habs, as he should. However, I wouldn't want his jersey retired. If Plekanec plays his whole career here, he'll likely be in the top 5 for games as a Hab, maybe even top 3. Same with points.

I know Koivu's accomplishments are more impressive because of his battles with health, and he Captain the Habs worst days in history. But I don't think that warrants a jersey retirement. I'm all for a unique and special way to commemorate him, a plate, trophy, wtv new idea they have..
"Well,

He had one season where he was above a point per game. He never had any real accomplishment of any kind. He was nowhere near an exceptional player in the league. But he was here a really long time and sometimes we even made the playoffs with him.

So ladies and gentlemen, please welcome.... Saku Koivu."

Yeah, I don't think so.

Shutt, Lapointe... sure. Even Guy Carbonneau I could get behind though I don't think that would be right either. Forget Koivu and Markov though. It would really cheapen the honour.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote