View Single Post
Old
09-21-2013, 11:46 AM
FlyersFan61290

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clown Baby View Post
Carter played center almost exclusively except for a few experimental looks with Hitchcock. They never lasted, though. His primary linemates his rookie season were Umberger and Dimitrakos. I can't remember if he played wing at all at the World Juniors.
The point stand that a center moving to wing especially for the Flyers doesn't really matter.

For some reason I remembered Carter playing more wing early on, I guess I remember the few games he did play wing and just assumed he played more there. Anyway, how could Dimitrakos have been one of his primary linemates? He wasn't here that long. If I remember correctly he joined the team late in the season and I think the team lost to Buffalo that year in the first round of the playoffs. I think that was the year Esche had like a 50 save performance (game 2 maybe) in an OT loss and the Flyers just couldn't solve Miller the whole series. Though Niko beat him short side on a slapper coming down the right side from the top of the circle . I remember that pretty clearly cause I was like seriously Miller is playing lights out and Dimitrakos beats him like that.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote