View Single Post
Old
11-22-2006, 06:53 AM
Strong and Free

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
Thanks for your opinions...
Also, just curious...? What is the upside of Lapierre? faster/better skater/poor man's version of Claude Lemieux? Some Ian Laperriere? Some Martin Lapointe? Am I way off, or close? Lapierre is supposed to be a REAL WINNER...you win with guys like Lapierre...

O'Byrne...something IN BETWEEN a (bigger) Rivet and a Komisarek?
Not sure who I would compare either to. Lapierre is a coaches dream, he works hard from start to finish and never seems to give up on a play whether it be in our end, their end, or the neutral zone. He is a treat to watch. I am not sure if he will put up big points or not, but he will definitely lead by example and make everyone he plays with better.

O'Byrne in my opinion has a very high ceiling, and not just because he is tall and would bump his head otherwise. His improvement from the rookie tourny in September, to the 2 games I have watched him in recently, has been amazing. In the rookie tourny he looked huge but didn't necessarily play his position well and looked to need some work on skating. Although in last nights game he was caught out of position a few times, and did look a little mythotical, it was obvious to me the kid is starting to get it. He worked hard and his skating has vastly improved. I will not be surprised to see him in the rouge, bleu, et blanc next season.

Strong and Free is offline   Reply With Quote