View Single Post
Old
09-21-2013, 02:42 PM
Kriss E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunner View Post
Personally I don't care how the media perceives players. I have my own opinions based on what I see and generally on this forum I disagree with many peoples opinions to the point where I wonder how many ppl watch the games and have played hockey at a descent level, I come on here though because I do like to read opinions that are well described with good reasoning it's obvious that two people can see things differently and I think Patches is one of them.

Like I said I don't feel his playmaking abilities are strong but offensively he is gifted he is just not a playmaker it's not what RDS is saying its what I am seeing. He has great speed, shot and drives the outside very well.
MaxPac can create plays by himself. So yes, he is a playmaker. He's not a pass first or dangler, but he can still do a good job of setting up his teammates.
By the way, him driving the net to create a rebound which leads to a goal is play making.
I think you have a very narrow view of what a playmaker is. It seems you think a playmaker is only someone that will carry the puck in the offensive zone and then set up a teammate via pass. There's more to it than just that.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote