View Single Post
Old
09-21-2013, 02:47 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunner View Post
Ok i'll drop the poor maybe it was a little strong. But this line combo sets up exactly why I think the forum discredits DD. I personally don't think Eller and Patches are a good combo (I can be proved wrong) but let me explain Eller & Patches do not have a complementary skill set. Eller is not a set up man he uses speed size to create offence but doesn't see the play as well as DD. I love Eller but not sure with Patches works. Eller likes to carry the puck and at times this is his downfall trying to do too much. Plekanec and Patches could work but again Patches would need to be a better 2 way player.
There's absolutely nothing for you to base an opinion that MaxPac would not work with Eller. MaxPac and Eller have a well rounded set of offensive tools to pretty much be compatible with any player they're paired with.
Eller has played well along side AK, Moen, Gally, Galla, Prust, heck even on a 4th line last year he was able to create offense and scoring chances. So you're going to have a very hard time arguing that he wouldn't match well with our best winger.
Furthermore, I completely disagree with your notion that Eller is not a set up man or that he doesn't see the play as well as DD. This goes back to my previous post where it seems you think a set up man is just someone that passes the puck.

Btw, whenever MaxPac was paired with Plekanec, it generated more scoring for us than when he was with DD. That's facing tougher opponents, in tougher situations.

I think you're seriously reaching in trying to defend DD.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote