View Single Post
Old
09-21-2013, 03:30 PM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Markov was never really great defensively but he wasn't bad. I think that's changed now though. He's not the guy he used to be. I think he's decidedly below average defensively now. With the puck he's still strong and is obviously fantastic on the PP. Diaz is a marshmallow. Maybe that will be different this season as he's still young.

I know that folks love Markov but I've always felt like Hab fans have vastly overrated him over the years. I remember the Kaberle vs Markov debates and felt Markov was better. But not that much better. Similar players who relied on positioning to defend. That's fine but there are big holes on the defensive side. I know I'm opening a can of worms here in saying this but that's the way I've always felt about him. And now he's a liability in his own end. I'll just put on my flamesuit and walk away now.
You're right, Markov isn't the player he used to be, but he was by all means great before the injuries. Diaz is ok, but then again...

The real problem isn't the play without the puck, Diaz, Emelin and Markov are all above average in this regard but its in the way they fight the opposition when theyre in close, theres just nothing happening... (For Diaz and Markov.)

Now if we talk about Bouillon and Gorges... Now that's a case of bad without and with the puck. Too many times did I see both these guys stare blindly at the crowd while a play was happening in close...

MT's system doesn't help these guys AT ALL.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote