View Single Post
Old
09-21-2013, 03:36 PM
Synergy27

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaRaccoon View Post
I was flipping through the NHL talk board and came across a thread on the value of Ryan McDonut and many Gomez jokes were made which got me thinking. What exactly was the scouting report on McDonagh during the time of the trade? I don't think it's an easy thing to be able to remember what the general consensus was on a guy unknown to most. I know there are some ancient posters around here that can rejoice us all in a tale of McDonagh's value at the time of the trade

Better yet, can someone name a current defenseman or prospect McDonagh was comparable to at that time? Or maybe a "similar to _______" type of thing that they do at the draft.
Read the comments at the end of this article. EVERYONE, Rangers and Habs fans included, was scratching their head at his inclusion in the deal because he was a high draft pick that was progressing very well. Everyone thought Sather would be lucky to get rid of Gomez' contract, let alone return any sort of real value in the trade.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=283329

In reference to your 2nd question, can you name a current defenseman that McDonagh is comparable to? I can't, really. He's a unique player.