View Single Post
Old
09-21-2013, 06:09 PM
MonkeyBusiness

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainiac View Post
Eller is not 23, he's 24, will be 25 at season's end, btw. He's coming back from a serious injury. I'd like to see him have a breakout year and score 70 points, but I certainly don't expect it. And at some point, you'll have to realize that Eller has reached his potential. He's not a kid anymore.

Galchenyuk is 19 and he's been going nowhere but up since coming back from his injury.

I'm not saying that Galchenyuk is better right now. I'm just saying that it's not far-fetched to assume that he could surpass Eller somewhere during the season. Eller could be the better player this year, I just wouldn't bet my money on it, tbh.
No one knows if he's hit his potential... So it's not about realizing that, you don't stop growing as a hockey player because you reach a certain age. To be clear I too expect him to be a solid 2nd line center, but I still think we haven't seen the best of him. Especially since he's never had quality minutes, also that injury wasn't as serious as we thought. I agree with you on Galchenyuk too, we could definitely see him become better offensively than Eller this season. He's a special talent, but I don't think that will be the case.

MonkeyBusiness is offline   Reply With Quote