View Single Post
Old
09-21-2013, 06:20 PM
Kriss E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainiac View Post
And, just to be clear: I love Eller, I just think that some of you guys are in for a disapointment if you expect more than a 2nd line center with a good 2-way game.
Not sure who is expecting Eller to be a top line center? Top 6 is what most people seem to think his potential is at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainiac View Post
Eller is not 23, he's 24, will be 25 at season's end, btw. He's coming back from a serious injury. I'd like to see him have a breakout year and score 70 points, but I certainly don't expect it. And at some point, you'll have to realize that Eller has reached his potential. He's not a kid anymore.

Galchenyuk is 19 and he's been going nowhere but up since coming back from his injury.

I'm not saying that Galchenyuk is better right now. I'm just saying that it's not far-fetched to assume that he could surpass Eller somewhere during the season. Eller could be the better player this year, I just wouldn't bet my money on it, tbh.
Eller won't score more than 40pts if he's used on the 3rd line.

Galchenyuk and Eller are likely to start the year on the same line, with Eller centering it.
I don't think Galchenyuk ends the year as a better player, but if he does, that's only because he will have made a huge leap forward, which is no knock on Eller.
Galchenyuk should become our best forward at some point. The sooner the better.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote