View Single Post
Old
11-22-2006, 09:23 AM
HomaridII

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch-22 View Post
For sure. How is it that the pressure to produce gets dumped on the player making $450K as opposed to the two guys getting paid $7.5 million?

I'm sticking to my preseason analysis; Plekanec is an excellent two way player and he has more offensive potential than he gets credit for. Too many people have written him off based on internet scouting reports and they don't have the confidence too analyze his potential with their own eyes. I'm sorry that sounds pretty hard nosed.

If this line doesn't produce, it has a little to do with Pleks and everything to do with kovalev and Samsonov. I'm tired of babying $7.5 million and personally i think it doesn't matter who you put because (again, back to the July threads) no line combo is going to reach potential with Samsonov and Kovalev on the same unit. Even if they produce, they will underachieve. Plekanec will give them one last shot together but if it doesn't work, let's just split these guys up and move on. We're 20 games into the season. My lines would look like this:

Latendresse-Koivu-Kovalev
Samsonov-Plekanec-Ryder
Perezhogin-Bonk-Johnson
Murray-Begin-Downey
With Streit playing reasonably well and Bouillon back, I think you'll see Dandenault play on the 4th line with Begin and one of Murray/Downey.

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote