View Single Post
Old
09-21-2013, 10:29 PM
goodriddance628

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 Timer View Post
Thanks Guys, I am in NJ and live between a Pure Hockey, Hockey Monkey, and not much further is a Hockey Giant. They have lots of skatsat each location and that is what got me thinking of making a switch. I coach, Ref , and play mens league according to most I've spoken to those old XX's were one of Bauers best products produce, which is why through that they have held up. I went to the HM and th wall of skates blew my mind. That is why I am asking around. I like the Bauers fit my whole life but at 40 I want to try somthing new. Again thanks for the advice.
I recently went through the same thing, just getting back into hockey after some years off and still skating on a pair of CCM 652 tacks from a LOOONG time ago I went to the LHS that has good reputation and a good selection of skates I ended up going with a pair of Graf G35's they where a couple years older model but they fit really well in the store had them baked and hit the ice a couple days later and they tore my ankles up really bad both ankles on the out sides right above the ankle bone I've had them baked again wear them around the house all the time and still they tear my ankles up unless I tape them up really well it's to the point that I'm going to start looking for another pair of skates or just use my old dinosaur CCM's so even though they felt like running shoes in the store skating in them was pretty disappointing