View Single Post
Old
09-21-2013, 09:34 PM
Larry44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
I don't think there is any chance Morin or Hagg are 4 years out. Not a chance. Morin will be fighting for a spot next year, while Hagg I think the year following that or maybe even next year. Ghost is in the same boat there as well, he will need AHL seasoning, but he isn't that far out also. I say Ghost will be on the third pairing in two years down the road(Flyers really like him, as well as I do!!)

Read's contract isn't going to kill this team, it's a fabulous deal. When we start putting some of these blue chippers on our defense, we will be in great shape for a few years with the cap as well. Especially if it continues to rise.
Morin will challenge for a job next year, but not get one. He needs two more full years of Jr. then we can talk about playing as a 20 yr old.

Hagg is the same and after this year and next as a leader at MoDo, he might be ready in the fall of '15 too.

Gostibehere may come out of college after this year, ahead of his stated schedule, but he will probably need a year in the AHL if he does.

I don't see how all three of them can just walk in the lineup at once, and certainly not in 2014. A couple spots might opent up by 2015, but that will depend if Gus, Lauridsen or Alt cement a spot before then.

Streit is signed for 4 years
Luke, Coburn and Grossmann have 3 more.
Gustafsson will need another contract longer after this year.
That's 5 locked up for the next three.

Timonen and Meszaros are probably in their last year, Gervais and Bourdon are done for sure. Kimmo might come back for one more until the three bluechippers are closer.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote