View Single Post
Old
11-22-2006, 01:09 PM
habscout

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to habscout Send a message via AIM to habscout Send a message via MSN to habscout Send a message via Yahoo to habscout
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Albino View Post
Well, it's pretty safe to assume it's not Markov unless McGuire is very talented at reading facial expressions.
That was very well put; however, ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Albino View Post
It also doesn't sound like Souray, which kind of scares me because of the 3 I thought the most likely to actually want to stay would be Rivet.
Sorry, I have to disagree with that part. Between Souray & Rivet, I predict that Sheldon is more likely to leave. The fact that his daughter is living on the west coast has to be a big factor for him to want to play on a team that is closer to her. While Anaheim is very well set with their defence, LA or maybe San Jose may be interested in bidding for Souray, should he keep up his scoring pace and stay injury free. The Sharks will be void of Malakhov's contract after this season, which will free up about $3.6M, and will only have Scott Hannan as a significant UFA player of their own to contend with.

Another factor to keep in mind that Souray has a big history with injuries. While last season he was pretty healthy, the fact is that his previous 4 NHL seasons were are seriously and/or significantly impacted by injuries. Heck, he missed the entire 2002-03 season. I've also read that he's currently sporting some type of shoulder injury that's he's opted to wait out instead of undergoing surgery. I don't feel he's worth the risk for the Habs to give him a big contract, both in terms of dollars and seasons. I'd rather let another team take their chances with him.

habscout is offline   Reply With Quote