Thread: Speculation: Joe Thornton's next contract?
View Single Post
Old
09-22-2013, 12:46 AM
Juxtaposer
Window: Closed

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanIslander View Post
I disagree. Boyle may want to retire in SJ but with Marleau and Thornton needing signing, I can only see Boyle returning if hs signs for significantly less money than he could get on the open market and/or there's widespread confidence in a huge salary cap jump for the following season. Boyle is the odd man out, imo, certainly the least likely to re-sign of the three UFAs.
Well, that's sorta my point. DW may not want Boyle back (and I'm on the fence about it) but Boyle definitely wants to be back. DW has all the control here; all three of Thornton, Marleau, and Boyle want to re-sign, so DW can pick and choose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slappipappi View Post
Bringing Thorton, Marleau and Boyle back is just an attempt to make SJ look like Calgary.

If you can't win with those players in their prime, you can't win with them as they regress.
Iginla was never as good as Thornton. And Calgary never had Burns, Pavelski, Couture, Vlasic, Braun, or even prospects as good as Hertl, Nieto, Mueller, or Hamilton. The only people concerned that SJ will become Calgary are people who don't know much of anything about the org.

Juxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote