Thread: Proposal: Vancouver-Montreal
View Single Post
Old
09-22-2013, 10:40 AM
GRECOHAB

vCash: 500
I think that Montreal and Vancouver are good trade partners as they can trade some parts that can benefit both parts, short and long term. To evaluate this deal better we have to agree on the clubs current status.

GOALTENDING: Controvercial at best, for both parts it might be better for either club to part with the goalies they think are the No1. There has been alot of discussions of a goalie swap between VAN and MTL, and i think this actually might work, value wise though VAN has to add...

DEFENSE: Vancouver has a very reliable top-4 on paper but they obviously need something else to add, as they haven't had much success with the current formation. Montreal, although deep on D, they dont have a clear top-2 D to play along Subban as the RD first D pairing.

OFFENSE: Montreal has many scoring options, skills and talent but they lack size. Also they do have a plethora of very good bottom - 6 players, at the same time that Vancouver cant really rely on the bottom lines for some scoring and point contributing.

SALARY CAP: Montreal has 1,886 M to spend and Vancouver has 2,247M left to spend.

PROSPECTS: Montreal has a better prospect pool than Vancouver and as the matter of fact Vancouver is quite shallow at quality defensive prospects.

So here is my idea of the massive trade between the two teams:

Luongo, Edler, Kassian (VAN) with 11,2M in cap space involved
for
Price, Gorges, Moen, Beaulieu (MTL) with 12,2M in cap space involved

VANCOUVER LINE UP

Price-Lack

D.Sedin-H.Sedin-Burrows
Higgins-Kesler-Hansen
Booth-Schroeder-Richardson
Moen-Weiss-Sestito
ex.Horvat,Shinkaruk

Hamhuis-Bieksa