View Single Post
09-22-2013, 11:46 AM
Error 503 Service
vCash: 883
Originally Posted by Lebowski View Post
Mediocre at best? Being able to get value for a ridiculously overpaid Cammalleri is good in itself. I'm not saying that to defend Gauthier, but the Cammy trade wasn't one of his bad moves.
Indeed, it was arguably his best move. As of today, it is still mediocre at best.

The 'ridiculously overpaid' Cammalleri still doing what is ultimately expected from him - put up points. He has 24 goals/ 51 points in 72 games with the Flames and likely will be traded this deadline for at least a 2nd round pick just based on his playoff history and expiring contract.

Bourque has 3 more years left on his deal and has 12 goals/21 points in 65 games + equally inconsistent not only in terms of scoring but physical play/engagement.

Ramo (penciled in as Flames starter) / 2nd (Fucale) is a wash right now. Tough to predict how this will pan out and frankly not the key parts of the deal. Plus points for Gauthier for getting a 2nd that ended up being in the 30s. Plus points for Gauthier for getting Ramo in the first place.

That's where I'd give credit. Cammy/Bourque swap? I think people are overrating Bourque's value to the team and underrating Cammy's abilities while overstating his 'cancer' traits.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote