View Single Post
Old
09-22-2013, 12:27 PM
Blue Blooded

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
They were.

This is not to say I told you so (to these boards), but no media around this team in NY reported that.

Mattias Norstrom is an expert for Swedish TV, he is a very humble down to earth guy. When he saw us play, he said that he -- NEVER -- has seen a team so afraid to pass the puck as us. Norstrom played in this league for all of the dead puck era. I can only speak for my self, and I am no sure if I ever have seen a team passing the puck as poorly as we did.

That is something that must be remembered when it comes to NY media. We can ice a team that is the worst in the game in one area, and they might not even notice it. Nobody in NY media called for Torts head, while he iced a team that just was unwatchable.
No one could ever accuse Norström of being a PMD, yet he couldn't believe how bad the Rangers' breakout was. Always up the boards, and even with time and space only looking to shoot it at the winger for a tip-in into the zone.

It is kind of funny that zone entries have recently been identified as big drivers of success and that similar work is done studying zone exits with similar results expected, and Tortorella's system is probably by far the worst in the league in both aspects.