: Line Combos:
13/14 Power Play units
View Single Post
09-22-2013, 05:30 PM
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Nova Scotia
Originally Posted by
I see our pp units being made up of these 10 players. I split them up into these 2 units just to give a better visual
1. Giroux, Voracek, Kimmo, Simmons, hartnell
2. Vinny, Streit, Schenn Couturier and Read
What i like about this is that we have our top 8 forwards getting pp time. However I don't like the fact that Gus is getting no PP time , especially when it would be nice to groom him into taking over that role once kimmo retires.
By keeping the PP units like this it does a few REALLY good things.
1. If our fist line is tired and just coming off of ES, we have the 2nd unit which is all rested. And conversely, if our 2nd, 3rd or 4th line was just on the ice, we have a fresh 1st line ready to go. Striet and Kimmo can switch off depending who is freshest.
2. Schenn and Couts get a vet like Vinny to help them AND have Kimmo or Streit at the point on D. This added experince will help and it won't be a big deal to have them start a PP if our 1st line was just out on ES.
3. If Kimmo retires next year, then Gus can step into a more offensive role. And he will have more experience too. And delaying Gus's PP points also keeps his salary down for next year. Rather have a medium breakout once he is locked in cheap for a few years.
4. Having the PP lines like this, if we don't score on either one, we can always come back with our fresh 4th line right away and then we are quickly back to out 1st line ready to go with
All I hope for is that Schenn is signed soon because I do think a breakout is coming.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Tripod