Thread: Line Combos: 13/14 Power Play units
View Single Post
Old
09-22-2013, 07:59 PM
FLYguy3911

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
But we aren't talking about this year. We're talking about next season when Mez is gone and Kimmo's return is uncertain. At that point he is the 2nd pp point guy. And again he needs experience at the point to be comfortable, it's gonna take time.

Agree to disagree about Ghost. I see him finishing college (two years) and then a yr in the AHL (at least to start). The reason being 4 spots as of now are already taken, leaving two one of which could very well be Gus. I also think Morin and Hagg compete for a spot before further diminishing his chances of making the team in less then three yrs.
If Gus isn't playing the PP this year, he's not playing it next year either unless he really shows another level to his game. You mention the guys who won't be here next year, but you don't recognize the fact that guys could be coming in. If Kimmo retires, you can bet your ass Homer (if still employed) is going to do whatever it takes to get that #1 guy in here (or something close).

What 4 spots are taken? I see two- Schenn and Streit. Coburn and Grossmann are movable. While Morin and Hagg may be competing for a spot, neither brings what Gostisbehere brings.

You're looking a numbers. I'm looking at roles.

FLYguy3911 is offline   Reply With Quote