View Single Post
Old
09-22-2013, 08:24 PM
Roman Yoshi
Joey: A New Hope

vCash: 500
Couple of observations from 2nd row.

1. Forsberg is the real deal. No doubt in my mind. The patience and skill it took to feed Borque was just the sign of a mature player. He was also all over the place tonight on the forecheck. Really impressed me with his size and skill. I like this guy.

2. Jones impressed me defensively, but didn't dazzle me offensively. This will come with time and maturation. He had one good look on the power play from a cross-crease pass from either legwand or forsberg (couldn't see who) but failed to capitalize. My only real complaint was when Rinne got run over out of the crease (of course, fair game) and Jones just stood around and looked at the wreckage. Sorry, but you gotta go after a guy that touches your goaltender.

3. Was very unimpressed with Hendricks.

4. Very Very very impressed with Watson and Salomaki

5. I liked how we jumped on them in the first twenty minutes outshot them 22-13 at the end of the second by my count, but we let off the gas in the third in a big way. This needs to be addressed. I know it is a preseason game, but this was a problem last year. Don't want the same thing to happen this year.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote