Thread: Player Discussion: O'Byrne/Bournival trade revisited
View Single Post
Old
09-22-2013, 08:35 PM
OneSharpMarble

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Indeed, it was arguably his best move. As of today, it is still mediocre at best.

The 'ridiculously overpaid' Cammalleri still doing what is ultimately expected from him - put up points. He has 24 goals/ 51 points in 72 games with the Flames and likely will be traded this deadline for at least a 2nd round pick just based on his playoff history and expiring contract.

Bourque has 3 more years left on his deal and has 12 goals/21 points in 65 games + equally inconsistent not only in terms of scoring but physical play/engagement.

Ramo (penciled in as Flames starter) / 2nd (Fucale) is a wash right now. Tough to predict how this will pan out and frankly not the key parts of the deal. Plus points for Gauthier for getting a 2nd that ended up being in the 30s. Plus points for Gauthier for getting Ramo in the first place.

That's where I'd give credit. Cammy/Bourque swap? I think people are overrating Bourque's value to the team and underrating Cammy's abilities while overstating his 'cancer' traits.
Yes cammy is still doing what he does, stand around and let everyone else do the work. What a superstar, I wonder how well he will do without Iginla to leech off of.

Bourque was one of our best players last year on our top line. He was clearly suffering from injuries but why talk about that when your bias is so brutally clear.

"Ramo/Fucale" is a wash? Ya ok, we get a rising talent in Fucale for Ramo who couldn't even make it on several terrible nhl teams.

If you think Bourques addition is over-rated you aren't watching the games, put down the stats page and turn on your tv.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote