View Single Post
Old
09-22-2013, 09:25 PM
Lundsanity30

vCash: 500
As I look back and reflect on what I watched today, I can not help but shed a tear. I got to witness 19 amazing years from one of the best pitchers of all time on and off the field. Its truly amazing what I and other Yankee fans were privileged to see today. We saw an epic end to two amazing careers.. How special was it that Andy Pettitte started the game on Mariano Rivera tribute day. We might have lost the game, but its a game no Yankee fan will ever forget. It was the end of one of the greatest dynasties in sports history, known as the "core 4" or as I like to call them the fabulous five consisting of Derek Jeter, Mariano Rivera, Andy Pettitte, Jorge Posada and Bernie Williams. These 5 individuals were instrumental in one of the greatest runs in sports history, part of 5 WS championships including 4 in 5 years. What made it even better was the appearance of the manager who groomed and led those players to the 5 WS championships, Joe Torre. From the bottom of the hearts of Yankee fans everywhere, thank you Mo, Jeter, Pettitte, Bernie, Jorge and Torre for allowing me to witness history. You guys are all true class acts and amazing individuals. Though we likely wont make the playoffs this season, I wouldnt change a thing about how this season ends with Mo and Pettitte pitching great and going out on the top of their games. Thank you all for the memories, its because of you five individuals that I became a Yankee fan in the first place. I was privileged to grow up watching u all play