Thread: Michael Ryder
View Single Post
Old
11-22-2006, 07:36 PM
habsfan44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
I'm not "stuck in the past" with Ryder, it was just a way to say that he did improve (I think that proves, I'm fair with the guy) but was far from being a good defensive forward.

All the qualities you named could be said of Perezhogin, Plekanec and Latendresse. Actually most of the young players I named earlier except maybe for Kostitsyn. So as I said, and will still say, it's not too much because is not a good player, but because he's not good enough to be a keeper. He's surely not as bad as Dagenais but he makes me think of Brian Savage who was a "goal scorer" but after he was traded, people kind of realize he was maybe not as good as they thought.

And no I'm not Jacques Demers, mr. positive attitude, I do agree he has talent but, younger, cheaper and as good if not better options are available.
the problem with the second line is not ryder , the problem is kovalev , he gets paid the big bucks , he has the size , the strength , the skills and the experience to make this line dangerous , sadly he just doesn't have the heart and desire . bottom line is ; if kovalev came to play every night the way that we know kovalev is capable of playing then there would be no talk of getting a second line center . kovalev should be the guy that makes this line go , trading for a player in the hope that he can be the one to get kovalev going seems to be convoluted thinking and would be a dangerous step in the wrong direction imo .

habsfan44 is offline   Reply With Quote