View Single Post
Old
09-23-2013, 01:30 AM
SteenMachine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarmoismyhero View Post
Dont mind the move either way as long as it does not take any PP time or top 6 minutes away from Schwartz or Vlad...If they put him on 4th line and use him only for injuries in the top 9 I will be ok with it otherwise I do not like it.
See that's what concerns me, if we see Morrow end up on the PP it looks like Hitch has little faith in his players to develop and the same will be said by the fans in regards to Hitchcock's ability to get them there.

Maybe they just want some security and I know Armstrong has vowed never to end up in injury hell getting beaten to the punch on UFA waivers after that weird season transpired.

I just wish it didn't feel like offensive production was nothing more than an experiment on this team. As if there was even one or two guys who was reliably cemented into their role. Backes, Steen, Stewart, and Oshie do a great job of reminding us they can just grab the puck press into the zone and rip one. Then nothing for 4 games, so suddenly our we need our wingers to show up and maybe one of them gets a multi point game... then more nothing.

We're not talking about streaking scoring we're talking about highlight reel games keeping some players even in the top half of scoring while the rest of their season looks like the playoffs production-wise. The PP isn't a threat it's a lucky opportunity to see one go in, the transition game is great then once the puck is deep we're just funneling loose passes to the slot with no target.

They keep bringing in back-up plan veterans that are only supposed to be injury reserves and mentors not carrying 20% of the scoring in a season. Yet that's how they end up being used for better or worse because guys like Stewart go invisible so fast, and guys like Steen are too busy being shuffled around, and guys like Sobotka are smart enough to get points but just not the kind of athlete we need to match up against elite competition.

If we can't rely on Schwartz and Tarasenko to eat up that extra scoring and ice time we really, really, need the coaches to refine our current top 6 players into guys who look like they belonged there from the start of the game to the end.

SteenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote