View Single Post
Old
09-23-2013, 04:50 AM
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable

vCash: 500
Some stuff from Babcock that affects Griffins players:

Quote:
(Adam) Almquist has made a real impression, so has (Ryan) Sproul and (Xavier) Ouellet. Those three guys for me are my biggest ... if I look at the kids, that's where my excitement lies with this group.''
Quote:
Rookie center Riley Sheahan is among 15 young players still vying for jobs in Detroit that, by all probability, don’t exist, coach Mike Babcock said.nAt the start of training camp, Babcock called Sheahan the team’s sixth center, behind Pavel Datsyuk, Stephen Weiss, Darren Helm, Joakim Andersson and Cory Emmerton. While Helm (lower back, groin) won’t be ready at the start of the season, Sheahan hasn’t done enough to sneak into the group of top four centermen.

“No one of that (rookie) crew distinguished themselves that you’re saying, ‘Oh, we have to get rid of a veteran’ so they can play. Does that make any sense?” Babcock said. “That’s what has to happen. In the end we can talk about it all you want. You come in here and take someone’s job. That’s the NHL, you have to come in here and take someone’s job. We’re not giving them away. That hasn’t happened.”
Pretty sure he's talking about Sheahan, Jurco, Jarnkrok, etc.