View Single Post
Old
09-23-2013, 09:52 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

vCash: 500
Should he stay or should he go? (Meszaros or Grossmann)

Per Bill..

While I worry about Grossmann's health as well and don't expect him to play a full season...still would prefer to keep him over Meszaros.

What say you?

Quote:
I still think one of the veterans will be traded this week, and it will more likely be Meszaros as long as other NHL teams are satisfied that he is now reasonably healthy. I could see Gustafsson starting the season as the puck-moving half of a third-pairing tandem with Grossmann. However, with Gill still around and Lauridsen waiting in the wings, perhaps it will be Grossmann to go.

As I wrote the other day, I would not be in favor of that move from a hockey standpoint but there would be cap management logic to it. I also can't help but wonder if part of the reason why Lauridsen is still with the big club at this point is that the organization wants to get a sense if he'd be able to step into the NHL lineup in Grossmann's current role sooner rather than later. Personally, I don't think the big Dane is ready for a regular NHL role, nor do I think Gill at this late stage of his career should be more than the seventh defenseman if he beats out Gervais.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Bill-...-Hits/45/54176

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote