Thread: Line Combos: 13/14 Power Play units
View Single Post
Old
09-23-2013, 11:21 AM
FlyersFan61290

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
I'm done arguing Gus. I should have known what I was getting in to. I don't think he's as good as people around here think he is.
Great. I wasn't hyping him up by any means but sure.

Quote:
Maybe you didn't directly say Hagg would be competing next year, but I see a lot of people who seem to think he will. Like I said, history seems to say otherwise.
I didn't directly say it? I never even hinted at it so I don't even know what you're arguing with the history says otherwise comment.

Quote:
I'm not giving Morin enough credit? Go back and read the pre draft threads on this board. I was (one of) the only one in support of Morin. I even argued he had offensive upside when everyone just said he was a big shutdown guy. That said, he's not a guy that's going to run a PP. He's a guy you put on the right side, feed him pucks, and let him pound away. Gostisbehere is versatile enough to either QB or be a trigger man.
I don't know man I don't read all you're posts. I was responding to you saying "If you need to add size, Morin's going to be the guy" which yes is not giving him enough credit. As you mentioned the Flyers often run with 4 forwards so Morin could be that guy on the point just firing away not running things. You don't rush a kid like Ghost with so much potential cause you need some one to run a pp, forwards like G and Vinny can do that from the half boards.

Quote:
Yeah, yeah, the Flyers had Hagg ranked as a first rounder. I know that. Every team feels that way about their second round pick. That's why I used Voynov and Josi as examples. They were both in a very good draft and ended up being selected in the second. You could even argue if not for the Russian factor, Voynov would have been a first rounder. It still took him three full years and I would say he was more talented than Hagg at this point in their careers. Look, I like Hagg, I'm hoping for the best. I'm excited to see his development. The same way you think I'm overprojecting Gostisbehere, I think people are projecting Hagg in the lineup too soon.
Again I said in two years Hagg would be competing, that's too soon? Please don't put words in my mouth and say or imply that I'm talking next year here.

Quote:
You can shelter Gostisbehere's ES minutes if you think he's such a liability (which I think gets overblown). If Gus is really the best option we have, as you keep hypothetically saying, than I see no way Gostisbehere's not in that lineup in some form.
Let Ghost turn pro before we start talking about this. I mean for gods sake Gus is an AHL all-star with 95 pts in 145 games and had the better numbers while in the NCAA too. He's also only has 60 NHL games (13 points) over multiple years and isn't old by any stretch of the imagination, let him play a little before you start saying a college kid is the better player. He may project to be the better player but not for a few years.

Last edited by FlyersFan61290: 09-23-2013 at 08:30 PM. Reason: typo
FlyersFan61290 is online now   Reply With Quote