View Single Post
Old
09-23-2013, 11:23 AM
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
No, but it does have to be with the toe of the stick, otherwise it's not a spear. Anything else is a slash or nothing. And as you watch the bottom of Kessel's stick blade barely wipe across Scott's pants (among the best protected of areas, so I don't know what you're talking about with "especially in that area") with no wind up, you have to conclude that it was nothing, and are relegated to the murky waters of discerning some kind of intent, or whatever.

Kessel shouldn't even have gone back over there unless it was to drop the gloves and stand in front of him, though. Shouldn't expect much more from a guy who just seconds before took another swat at the guy after teammates stepped in and let him get away.
The shot look to me like it was above the pants, right in the ribs area. If that wasn't the case, well sorry if I haven't watched the video 25 times over the last 12 hours. To me the motion was very similar to a spear, and in the ribs, where you actually have close to no protection.

As for Scott, you don't have to look that far to know that had he actually wanted to injure Kessel, he wouldn't have warned him seconds before what he did, and he easily could have gripped him right away when Kessel first tried to touch his shoulder for whatever reason.

Keep believing Scott wanted to hurt Kessel seriously and never got a hold of him despite trying, though