Thread: Carter
View Single Post
Old
01-15-2004, 07:10 AM
Marconius

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony
his offensive in edmonton, dvorak's that is, continues to be atrocious. 7 18 25 in 44 games. somethin' tell me he'd be just as disappointing here as carter except he'd do it at a higher tempo.
As an Edmonton fan, I wouldn't call his offense atrocious. We all hoped he could pick it up a bit, of course, but he dealt with some pretty serious family problems early on in the season (Not to make excuses) and was slumping. The last 20 games or so, he's really picked it up and we anticipate his offensive increase substantially.
He has really found some great chemistry with Mike York (Did they ever play together in NY?)
I think Edm fans are most impressed with his work ethic, defensive play and speed. He's lightening on the ice, and even when the offense is not clicking he works his a$$ off.

As far as Carter goes, I think you've heard that a lot of Boston/Edm fans say that you're now realizing exaclt what we all realized after a while, that Carter is relatively soft (That some people consider him a power forward is laughable) and extremely streaky. His modus operandi in Edm was to wait until one of our "less-skiller", harder working players dug the puck out of the corners or off the boards and passed to him as he floated around the faceoff dots.
He did have a wicked wristshot and was as close to a one-shot scorer we'll ever likely see in Edm, but, obviously, when you NY has players like Kovalev you don't really need a less talented, soft, not-as-good-one-shot-scorer.