Thread: Value of: Zack Kassian
View Single Post
Old
09-23-2013, 01:57 PM
TylerSVT*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Szechwan View Post
Oh man a 22 year old isn't smart enough to play with two of highest IQ players in the league? What a waste of a roster spot right?

People have this notion that being on the Sedin line is easy, but it's a role that ends up being a lot more strict than playing on the wing of another line because their games are so well defined at this point. Say what you want about Burrows but he's one of the smartest forwards we have- he knows exactly where to be at both ends of the ice and he has the wheels to get there. That's a rarity and one of the main reasons for his success.

Sure, Kassian needs to work on finding space in the offensive zone and on player coverage in the defensive zone, but his level of playmaking ability doesn't exist in players without any hockey IQ. Call him dumb as a brick off the ice if you want, but on the ice he simply a young kid still adjusting to the best league in the world.
Meh, not really what i see. His "playmaking" is being over rated by you a lot, he just looks like a big dumb enforcer to me. Sure he skates a bit better and shoots better, but he doesnt strike me as a high skilled guy. Just a big body who can throw punches and put the puck in the net 15 times a season.

TylerSVT* is offline   Reply With Quote