Old
09-23-2013, 02:59 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Provolone & The Neck

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
icing the best contracts ices the best team.
No, it doesn't. I'm not sure what world that would be true, but as long as the team fits under the cap, the contracts are irrelevant. Having good contracts helps, of course, but having good players is better than having good contracts.

Quote:
I like grossman , and he is better than laurdisen and alt. But is that 2.5 mill difference in salary equal to the difference in performance? Especially for the 3rd line? If you can afford it keep a guy like grossman but if you cant i have no problem with going with a cheap contract and a younger guy.
I would say that it is. Where would you put that money? Have a higher paid second pairing? Then wouldn't that second pair be overpaid? Have a higher paid third line center? Wouldn't he then be overpaid? You want the best players out there. Grossmann on the third pair is going to be worlds better than Lauridsen or Alt out there. Yes, for a bottom pair guy his price tag is a little high, but I'd rather have a guy making too much money on the third pair, but playing at a high level, than have a guy making an "appropriate" amount of money but playing at a fringe NHL level like Lauridsen and Alt likely would do. Obviously, I'd prefer a guy on an ELC that can play like Grossmann (or better), but those guys don't grow on trees.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote