View Single Post
Old
09-23-2013, 03:19 PM
ProspectHunter

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelheads101 View Post
Sorry, I disagree with the Day comment. There were many times in the game Friday where he should have gone D to D and didn't, then got caught ending up turning the puck over. Don't get me wrong, the kid is definitely good, but needs refinement. He's not a forward and needs to learn when and when not to carry the puck and/or jump into the play. His offensive game is good, but needs work on the boards, corners and defensive game. Very fluid skater, but maybe just me, it seemed to be slow getting back and in position.

On another note, did anyone else notice that Boyd didn't play his Captain in the final minute of the game on Friday when they pulled the goalie? What's up with that? Isn't your Captain suppose to be the one who leads in those situations?
Agreed, Day like most of the D need to move the puck more quickly. They are reversing too often and carrying up the ice too far, both are stalling the forwards and killing the attacking momentum. That's pretty obvious to those watching and I'm sure they are working on that in practice. Agreed Day needs to show more urgency on the back check when he turns the puck over, but for a rookie he has a lot going on and it will all come with time.