View Single Post
Old
09-23-2013, 04:51 PM
S Bah

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant McCagg View Post
Groulx worked wonders with Reway last year..he came a long way in his attitude, and the Habs' brass credits Groulx with a lot of that.

Presumably, Reway read about how well he played at Habs camp and came back with a swelled head figuring the Q will be a cakewalk. I would imagine Reway was trying to do it all himself with end to end rushes..something I saw too often last year for my my liking.

Groulx knows what he's doing. Reway has no bigger backer than Groulx - told the Habs Reway will be in the NHL within a couple of years.

I know we live in a time when many of the younger generation thinks all pro athletes should be coddled (hello Louis Leblanc)...but I think that's horsebleep.
Coddling is for babies, professional athletes or at least the ones that intend to make a career for themselves, should have realized hard work prepares them for top competition. Some people need to learn that you earn the right to make a nice living by your professional attitude and the talent that separates one from the masses. Without both you become one of the rest, the player that becomes a last resort for coaches trying to lead a team, a bitter person whose ego doesn't equal his position in life.