View Single Post
Old
09-23-2013, 08:31 PM
SouthernHab
Go Habs Go!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I'd love to see your reaction if a giant 6'9'' mammoth would be heading towards you wanting to fight.....If Chara goes, drops it and throw punches at Gallagher, I'd have no problem seeing Gallagher slash Chara's ankles. And if Parros would try to fight Torey Krug, I'd have no problem seeing Krug do the same.

I mean, I keep hearing how it's just a part of the game. How you have to respond to physicality. Well if the idea is that you need to be prepare for the Scott of this world to attack you 'cause they have to do something for their team, well the said goon should be prepared to be slashed if the guy they are targetting has no idea how to fight.....they do know how to slash though....
Except that's not what happened in this case.

Kessel goes to push Scott. Scott was not heading toward him to fight.

I find it strangely odd that the people who tend to be against fighting in hockey are supportive of swinging a hockey stick at a player on the other team with the intent to injure.

You react physically within the rules of the game. You fight, you get a 5 minute penalty, + 2 if you instigate. If you go up to a player swinging your stick to injure, you are automatically ejected from the game.

Should Kessel skate up behind Scott next game and Bertuzzi him? Offensive defense to protect yourself, right?