Thread: Value of: Zack Kassian
View Single Post
Old
09-23-2013, 09:00 PM
arsmaster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin8se7en View Post
His hands are not "sweet" unless any B level-prospect has sweet hands as well. I'll give the guy some credit for his skating ability, given his size, but that's the issue I have... It's 99% about size.

Take Zach Kassian and make him lose about 40lbs and 3 inches, and he's not even a stand out prospect. I understand that size is something that matters, but it shouldn't be the main thing.

I'm fine with that not being the popular opinion on HF, but it is my own.
Of course it's not popular because its not accurate.

Ill admit he's diss appointing and frustrating, it isn't because of a lack of skill.

He does have soft hands, he does have an offensive/creative hockey mind.

His problem is he hasn't quite realized how to put his size, skill, and ability to intimidate his opponents all together.

He's a pass first player, so he already doesn't fit with the players the Canucks are trying to put him with.

It's the same thing we see with many young players (22-23 is young, even though that's an unpopular belief with the kids on HF) I know it's cliche but less is more, perfect a simple game and his skill will shine through.

He's caught between not knowing how to play a grinders game and thinking he's a prime Todd bertuzzi.

We hope it will come, but one thing is for sure. He is skilled. He just hasn't shown it consistently.

arsmaster is offline   Reply With Quote