View Single Post
Old
09-23-2013, 10:54 PM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
My reactions in order:

-> The Rangers main problems in this game were a) unfamiliarity with the system and b) HORRENDOUS center play. Their centers going into the regular season need to be:

Stepan
Brassard
Lindberg
D. Moore

Richards really should sit. If you are going to try to get him going, I GUESS he could play for Lindberg on the third line - but if there were no names on the backs of the sweaters, this would not be a player who's on the opening roster.

Boyle on the other hand, should make the opening roster, but he absolutely kills any offensive momentum for any line he centers. If he's on the 4th line LW, we're in good shape - if he's the 4th line center, it's a mistake. If, God forbid, he's the 3rd line center, it's a disaster.

-> Fast looked excellent once again. This is kid could play in the top 6 today. I wish he were a little bigger, but even so, he shows a great knack for shiftily avoiding the bigger players and/or using his smarts to defend them.

-> Bickel and Falk were not good.

-> Hrivik can play - he works the boards, plays good, heady D and has a little offense to his game as well. I'd like to see him with a competent center. In fact, I'd be curious to see Hrivik-Stepan-Nash.

-> Staal looks great. Very pleased to see that.

-> Kristo - another guy who can play, but he's having trouble doing the things he wants to do at this level. I'd like to see him get some time in HFD to get a little more under control.

-> Stralman - was pretty good, but nothing spectacular.

-> Pyatt and Powe - should be waived. Period.

-> Good stuff from Nash - he should have passed once or twice, but he made some vintage plays that we need to see from him.

-> Some good stuff from J. Moore as well. Not as good as his last game, but I'm still very encouraged.

-> DZ was pretty good on offense and in classic headless chicken mode on defense.

-> Kreider looked unengaged until late in the game - not his first shift after he was moved from BR's wing, but the second one thereafter. Still, as BBKers said, not very impressive at all - could be playing his way to HFD.

-> Lindberg didn't stand out as much as he did last game. Plays much better with Fast than Pyatt (shocking, I know!).

-> Hank was meh by his standards.

-> Asham was surprisingly okay. He may stick as one of the extras.

-> Mashinter was better than Powe or Pyatt, but he's going down too.
That's a pretty good assessment BRF.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote