View Single Post
Old
09-23-2013, 11:14 PM
TatarTangle

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedWheel1987 View Post
I would imagine the fact that his regular season was 90% abysmal is all you need to know. For some reason the guy played well against the Ducks every time he played them and the Wings drew the Ducks in the first round. I think the reason for that is because the Ducks top six isn't as defensively responsible which allows players like Gator to look competent. You put Gator against defensively responsible forwards and everything falls apart. I personally believe the Ducks were the exact type of bad team that benefits form lockout shortened seasons and they were overall an inferior team compared to the Wings. Before and after they played them in the playoffs.
What I was getting at is; Bob made a point to say Gator got worse in the playoffs. Well, Cleary was one of the Red Wings best players in the playoffs. So based on that, Cleary should get first line minutes.

I'm not trying to make Gator out to be some God send and answer for the top 6. Just let it play out and see how it works. People may be surprised. Datsyuk has said he likes playing with a "big body" so it's either Gator, Franzen or Bertuzzi. I'm rolling the dice with Gator. Franzen is lazy as **** and Bertuzzi walks with a cane.

TatarTangle is offline   Reply With Quote