View Single Post
Old
01-15-2004, 09:15 AM
All-Star

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
First of all, calm down, we're just having a discussion here... I haven't accused you of anything. Different opinions make these boards interesting.

Lamoriello & Lacroix both have teams that can contend for the cup. They only trade for the few pieces they need to take it all. Montreal on the other hand needs pieces on every line. They are not ready to compete with the top teams.

Ryder is a rookie,
Bulis isn't a first line winger,
Zednik and Dagenais are one dimentional players, although Zed is better than Dags...,
Ribeiro is soft, although he is getting better,
Juneau's back is going,
Ward is a rookie...

The only things this team has going for it at the moment are morale, chemistry, and a hot goaltender. Once those falter, the team will crash and burn. Adding one player or even two won't get this team to the second round if Theo goes cold. If Theo stays hot this team could do what Anaheim did last year, even without adding players.

As I've said in my previous post, if we can get an upgrade to Juneau for him and Perrault, I'm all for it, but I'm not willing to give prospects and picks. I think we'll resign Dackell next year, so I don't see him going anywhere.

You've said it yourself, teams will keep their players if they are that good. It's easier to sign a player who's on your roster until July.

Of course if the perfect deal comes along, I'm sure Gainey will listen, he's not stupid, but the problem is: neither are most of the other GMs.

Last edited by All-Star: 01-15-2004 at 09:25 AM.