Old
09-24-2013, 10:45 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Provolone & The Neck

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
I don't get why people are so willing to throw Meszaros under a bus. Yes, he's had two injury plagued seasons, but they were freak injuries. I'll say it before and I'll say it again - he was cleared way to early from his back surgery. David Bolland had the exact same surgery as Meszaros and he missed 19 weeks of the regular season. Meszaros missed 8 weeks. He might have been physically ok, but he was not in game shape and I really think that had a negative effect.

His Achilles tear was also a freak injury. Once again, an Achilles injury usually takes a significant amount of time to heal from. He healed up relatively quickly and then the shoulder injuries hit.

The best thing that ever happened to Meszaros was the Flyers missing the play offs. He got to heal up and he's ready to go.
For me it is not throwing him under the bus. If he's healthy and in Philly, he should be in the lineup not the pressbox. That being said, if someone wants to trade for him, I'd do it. It is pretty clear he won't be back next year; if he sucks, he won't be asked back, if he plays well, he'll probably want more money, plus we have a number of young defenders that may be NHL ready next season. It just makes the most sense to deal him instead of a Grossmann or Gus. If he is dealt, you look at a lineup next year potentially of:

Streit-Schenn
Coburn-Morin
Grossmann-Gus

or, if Timonen comes back again...

Streit-Schenn
Coburn-Grossmann/Morin
Timonen-Gus/Morin/Grossmann

That leaves more money to play around with for extensions to whomever needs one (Schenn?) or UFAs.

DrinkFightFlyers is online now   Reply With Quote