Thread: Proposal: Cody Franson to Tampa
View Single Post
Old
09-24-2013, 11:38 AM
dubplatepressure

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
I personally feel like the Leafs are best continuing to wait out Franson.

It will give them a chance to get Rielly his 9 games (minimum), Liles will have a chance to win back his top PP spot (he was on a 50 point pace prior to that concussion when he was on the top unit with Phaneuf so I wouldn't bet against him getting his job back from Franson) and others like Holzer/Brennan will get a chance to show their stuff instead of being exposed to waivers.

Every team around the league is still optimistic their prospects can make the jump. Reality will set in for a lot of teams that their players aren't ready or might never be 5-10 games into the season and calls to Nonis about Franson will increase. For the most part injuries have also not set in. Every year Dmen are the number desired assets once the season gets going.
It's true. But with Gunnarson in better form, Ranger looking extremely solid and Brennan looking good so far, not to mention Liles' offensive ability, the extra 10-15 pts Franson provides are moot.

FWIW, Franson was 3rd last on the team in Relative Corsi Qualcomp - to say he logged much easier minutes than most of the rest of the team is fair. And yes, I'm a leaf fan. I really like Franson's game and him as a player, and love the physical side he showed towards the end of last season, but he's not going to break the team if he's lost.

dubplatepressure is offline   Reply With Quote