Thread: Proposal: Cody Franson to Tampa
View Single Post
Old
09-24-2013, 02:45 PM
Ricky Bobby

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplatepressure View Post
It's true. But with Gunnarson in better form, Ranger looking extremely solid and Brennan looking good so far, not to mention Liles' offensive ability, the extra 10-15 pts Franson provides are moot.

FWIW, Franson was 3rd last on the team in Relative Corsi Qualcomp - to say he logged much easier minutes than most of the rest of the team is fair. And yes, I'm a leaf fan. I really like Franson's game and him as a player, and love the physical side he showed towards the end of last season, but he's not going to break the team if he's lost.
I completely agree.

Franson on a D group that lacked depth wasn't trusted by Carlyle defensively as evidenced by his Corsi rating. Now Gardiner who barely played last season is healthy, Liles is that much further removed from his concussion and can certainly fill the top PP role vacant by Franson, Ranger has been added and Rielly is that much closer to being NHL ready and might make the team this year (next year at the latest).

We've also a slew of decent prospects like MacWilliams, Finn, Percy that extra bit closer to being ready that could are on dirt cheap contracts.

Nonis tried to sign Rob Scuderi this off-season and that should tell everybody that Nonis is looking for a tough physical 2nd pairing quality defensive Dman with his cap space more than a guy who will see his PP numbers plummet in Franson cause of guys like Gardiner, Rielly eventually taking his top unit spot.

Offence from our D group is the least of this teams worries with or without Franson. Getting the 6th worst 5 on 5 GA from last year down is a much bigger concern.

Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote