View Single Post
Old
09-24-2013, 07:20 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchultzSquared View Post
Surprises Islanders fan would preach against goalie options after what happened to DiPi... yes you have (some) depth today... but as you show the picture is like this...

NHL 1- Nabokov
NHL 2- Poulin

AHL 1- Nilson (hopefully)
AHL 2- ?

ECHL 1-?
ECHL 2-?

Euro 1- Koskinen
Euro 2- ?

Junior 1- Petersen
Junior 2- McAdam

NCAA 1- Williams
NCAA 2- Rosen

That really is not much 'depth' at all... especially when the juniors are so young and 3-4 years out at least

The Oilers can offer prospects that way... worldbeaters no but they are options for the future and will plug into the pro game right now where the biggest gap is

Olivier Roy- AHL starter now maybe NHL backup
Tyler Bunz- ECHL starter now maybe NHL backup
Frans Tuohimaa- FEL starter now AHL starter next year
Niko Hovinen- KHL starter now maybe NHL backup
Ty Rimmer- (FA signing) AHL backup

I would offer any two of them + Tyler Pitlick + 2015 2nd for Lee

I don't see Lee as having trade value a whole lot higher than a 2nd rounder to be honest. He is a good prospect, but still a bit of a project. But, of course, the logic of trading a prospect who is maybe a year out, and who the organization has carefully developed, for a 2nd rounder is not there.

There is no real value in any of the rest of the marginal assets you offer up. So, I basically see the sum value of the deal as a tiny bit more than a 2nd rounder. No interest in Tyler Pitlick. And, there is also zero appeal in a AHL goalies you project to one day be NHL backups or ECHL guys who may one day climb up to the AHL.

Not giving us much to work with here.