View Single Post
Old
11-23-2006, 04:38 PM
Joey

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Joey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Better With Age View Post
These points are why I'm so excited. The 2nd line is playing well under potential, the first line is good but can do better imo, the fourth line is not what it was last season either, and Markov, though playing well still has more to give.

What all this means is that this team is not firing on all cylinders yet is already a top team.

And with Gainey at the helm, (making key moves that most of us, (admit it) didn't think were significant (getting Johnson for nothing, keeping Abby, keeping Latendresse etc...) we're in great shape.

The team has done nothing but steadily improve since he took over and it will continue to do so. Just think how far we've come. I sit down for all games now knowing we'll be in it and expecting to win.

The original post won me over and now reading this has won me over again. I don't know whether to be negative or positive with this team. On one hand it may just be a waiting game to see exactly when the entire team will be on the same page, and on the other hand it might be the way some of these players will always play (when has Kovalev or Samsonov ever consistantly played for an entire season in the last 5 years?)

Joey is offline   Reply With Quote