View Single Post
Old
09-24-2013, 09:52 PM
JohnLennon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Some of us were the fans who went to a depleted stadium to watch our team regardless of where it was located or how bad the team was. I have a real hard time expecting any of these chumps who wouldn't watch back then to show up now and to continue showing up through thick and thin.

Forgive the bitterness, but I just can't see it.
I'm 22. This was 9 years ago, I was 13 years old and it was extremely difficult for me to get all the way to the Olympic Stadium without my parents. I went once or twice with friends, but that was very tough. I can't imagine the difference it would make if games were downtown as opposed to being held at the Big O, but I'm willing to bet it would make a massive difference- especially for those of us from the West Island.

I totally understand what you're saying though, and that also makes sense. The city was completely detached from the team near the end of it all.

I would really love to have baseball back in this city, downtown, in a good stadium. I have lots of friends who were 13 when they left, couldn't go to games, but are still huge baseball fans that would KILL to have them back. I'm sure this is more common than one would think.

JohnLennon is offline   Reply With Quote